12/26/13

A Very Merry Christmas

I am honestly surprised I am even writing this. I cannot explain to you how in the zone I have been the past 48 hours. With family functions, new presents and my rekindled love of knitting, I have become something of a robot.

Ok so I may be over exaggerating just a bit, but really.


Synopsis of Christmas: 
I got a new Camera! Nikon D3200 with two lenses: an 18-55mm VR and an 55-200mm Non-VR DX. Plus a few filters and an ever so glorious camera bag. (Note the sarcasm. It is hideous but durable)

I also got a Patagonia 1/4 Zip Better Sweater. I am never taking it off.

Now that I have an SLR, I have been furiously sweeping the internet for the most idiot proof guide to taking pictures with it. My goal is to always use manual mode. My personal favorite guide so far is Darcy's 31 Days to a Better Photo. So what I may have been going a little faster than 31 days?


Also to discuss my knitting kick:

I have always been a knitter. I learned it with my Mom middle school and have loved it since.
In case any of you need clarification, I did say with my Mom. We both decided to learn from a group of old ladies at our Church. How precious is that.

My waves come and go, plus my skill level varies. However I love it a lot more than crocheting, which it seems that everyone at my college has picked up. 

I have dreams of opening up an Etsy shop with my Mom in the next 6 months. That entrepreneur spirit in me.  So on begins the knitting. Photographed are a few works in progress. I will post the finished results!


Have any beginner SLR photo tips? Or have a guide/blog that is helpful? Please let me know. I am a little stressed out about this new challenge I cannot seem to easily pick up.

I have some craft endeavors up my sleeve. Get excited.
Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment