1/11/12

Craft Day

I have been doing some major crafting today. I am obsessed with those fabulous hair flowers that you see all over pinterest. They are easy, fun to make, and complete any outfit.


If you want tutorials for the above, follow me on pinterest. I have a ton of flowers bookmarked that all have great instructional tutorials. One of my favorite creations of the day is this ribbon flower.


It was so much fun to make and so easy. Now I did not follow an exact tutorial, but here are the general instructions:

You will need:
  • Ribbon (make sure you have around a full spool)
  • A flat circular surface (I use felt adhesive rounds from Laliberi)
  • Buttons
  • Glue (I used some hot glue)
You first take your ribbon and glue the end to the center of the round, with the decorative side down (if there is a difference between the two sides). Once glued, take your ribbon and fold it over, securing it in a loop with only a small dab of glue in order to keep the loop. You then continue with this same motion, but by angling the ribbon in order to create the circle.

Once you find the flower to be acceptable, take a button (or I used a few) and just arrange and glue. 

Bam. There you go. A cute ribbon flower that can make you feel like you are 8 years old again. Perfect for anything from a tea party to a summers day.


Well I am going to go back to my cup of jo and some more crafting. Any cute flower crafts you would like to share? Just shoot me a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment