1/24/13

Year in Reflection

This is a long and overdue post - but with all good things comes an end and definitely a new beginning. As I have had plenty of time to reflect on the 2012 year, I am completely astounded with how I have grown. As a person, friend, christian, student and being on this earth. It is incredible seeing how simply one year can completely shape you, build you up, tear you down and overall bring things into perspective.

January/February:
2nd semester freshman year, became a member of Gamma Sigma Phi and WSAJ, Applied to work at Summers Best 2 Weeks - did not get a contract but it was all part of Gods overlying plan

 

March:
Realized how blessed I am by my friends at college, one of my best friends/roomie visited me in the Burgh, Traveled to Tuscon, Arizona for missions trip, Fell in love with Arizona...


April:
Got a job nannying for the summer, Sorority Formal and Spring Party, realized I wanted to minor in studio art


May/June:
Goodbye freshman year of college, began to journey in the life of a Nanny, reunited with some high school and hometown friends, became obsessed with scrap booking, ate far too much Chipotle


July:
New Wilmington Missions Conference - was a high school counselor, applied for their summer service program, visited a close friend in Central PA (first time ever being there!)


August/September:
Said goodbye to the craziest yet best two kids I have ever babysat for, started Sophomore year, went to sheetz a record of 8 times in 1 week, celebrated my 19th birthday with Mexican and great friends


October:
Dressed up like a bro with my favorite ladies, then dressed up as a homeless girl for a $2 Chipotle burrito, enjoyed fall bike rides complete with local coffee, began the crazy journey called Rushing freshman, found out I got summer service and am going to Nepal!


November:
A new freshman friend stayed at my house during Thanksgiving break, Realized how busy I was, Realized how I do not think I can be that busy ever again

 

December: 
FINALS, cherished what I have in my life, came to so many realizations about my faith and my life, did not see one person from high school when I was home for Christmas, Traveled to Atlanta for New Years


Cheers to the year I have had, the struggles I have faces and the joys I have experienced. Let 2013 commence...

No comments:

Post a Comment